Geopolicity is a pioneer of blended finance in the frontier markets and ecological biodiversity conservation, and a member of the Coalition for Private Investment in Conservation (CPIC). Blended finance is the deployment of public or philanthropic capital to accelerate private sector investment in investments aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, under which Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) are also a blended product. We assist in deploying relatively scarce capital to crowd in more plentiful commercial funds, often with considerable leverage, to de-risk project investment. We work with development finance institutions including the World Bank and United Nations. We focus on deal structuring, making sure that the project is not over-blended with concessional finance leading to distorted markets. We look to make transactions where they otherwise would not, drawing down on risk, and opening up investment flows in critical sectors. Given the financing gap to reach the SDGs, blending concessional money to crowd in private investment has never been more important.
t, en with
Key Areas of Expertise
- Risk-Adjusted Returns;
- Pipeline management
- Project de-risking;
- Public Private Partnerships;
- Market Incentives;
- Impact investing; and,
- Blended finance capacity development.
Illustrative Recent Projects
- Contributions to the CPIC Blended Finance Sector Blueprints;
- From Funding to Finance (F2F) assessments;
- Pubic Private Partnerships Policy, Regulations and Capacity Development;
- PPP Unit Establishment;
- Industrial Cluster Incentives;
- Blended Finance for Conservation; and,
- Blended Finance for Wildlife Conservation and Management.